Instagram 101: Stop Users from Replying to Your Stories

Stop Users from Replying to Your Stories

I have nightmares about trying to reply to hundreds of strangers on social media. To prevent the overwhelming feeling of having to small talk with people I don't know, I'm now aiming for more control over the ways that people can contact me. One way is to stop users from hitting me up on Instagram Stories.

So ladies, influencers, and all of the wonderful men of Instagram ... if you want to control how many Story messages you receive every day, then keep reading. It's actually quite simple.

First things first, go to your Instagram profile, then tap on the ellipsis or cog icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Once in your Options menu, scroll down until you see the Account section, then tap on "Story Settings."

This page is where you find control. Instagram gives you three options — "Everyone," "People You Follow," or "Off." If you select "People You Follow," well, only people you follow will be able to message you. If you select "Off," then ain't nobody going to send you a message, my friend.

That's all you have to do. Now enjoy having more control over your social media life and rest easy. If you have any other questions, then message me in the comments below and I'll see if I can help.

Follow me on Instagram @b3t.tina to see how I'm currently using these tips and tricks on my own profile page.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Cover image, screenshots, and .gifs by Bettina Mangiaracina/Gadget Hacks

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest